Friday, May 17, 2024

May 17 - Old but gold: What The Water Gave Me (Florence + The Machine)

  [English version below]

Florence + The Machine es una banda inglesa de rock indie que se formó en Londres en 2007 y está formada por la vocalista principal Florence Welch, la teclista Isabella Summers, el guitarrista Rob Ackroyd, el arpista Tom Monger y una colaboración de más personas. La música del grupo es reconocida por su producción dramática y excéntrica y la poderosa voz de Florence Welch.

Alguien decidió componer una canción a mi medida, y esa canción es What The Water Gave Me, de su álbum Ceremonials. Quienes me conocéis sabéis por qué lo digo :) Florence dijo una vez que, cuando era niña, se sumergió en el fondo de una piscina y, por un momento, sintió que podía respirar, y desde entonces ha estado tratando de recrear esa sensación.

Esta vez no voy a poner ningún enlace adicional, porque esta canción es más que suficiente por sí sola. Si os gusta, podéis echar un vistazo al proyecto artístico y musical que el grupo ha estado produciendo recientemente.


  [Versión en castellano arriba]

Florence + The Machine are an English indie rock band that formed in London in 2007, consisting of lead vocalist Florence Welch, keyboardist Isabella Summers, guitarist Rob Ackroyd, harpist Tom Monger, and a collaboration of other musicians. Their music is renowned for its dramatic, eccentric production and Florence Welch's powerful vocals.

Someone decided to make a song tailored to me and that song is What The Water Gave Me, from their album Ceremonials. Those of you who know me know why I say that :) She once said that as a child, she dove to the bottom of a swimming pool and, for a moment, felt like she could breathe, and she's been trying to recreate the feeling ever since.

This time I'm not going to put any additional links, because this song is more than enough on its own. If you like it, you can take a look at the artistic and musical project they have been releasing recently.


SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/florence-the-machine/what-the-water-gave-me-1



Lyrics/Letra:

Time it took us
To where the water was
That’s what the water gave me
And time goes quicker
Between the two of us
But oh, my love, don't forsake me
Take what the water gave me
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow
And oh, poor Atlas
The world's a beast of a burden
You’ve been holding on a long time
And all this longing
And the ships are left to rust
That's what the water gave us
So lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow
'Cause they took your loved ones
But returned them in exchange for you
But would you have it any other way?
Would you have it any other way?
You couldn't have it any other way
'Cause she's a cruel mistress
And a bargain must be made
But oh, my love, don't forget me
When I let the water take me
So lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow
So lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow
Pockets full of stones
Lay me down
Let the only sound
Be the overflow

2 comments:

  1. Música indie, mi especialidad por fin jeje. Florence + The machine aunque no está en mi top de grupos, la canción es muy buena. Te dejo la canción indie que llevo escuchando toda la semana jeje https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlCAW0hwEmM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esta canción no me dice mucho, pero el videoclip está divertido, y el bucle me ha recordado a Islands de The xx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PElhV8z7I60

    ReplyDelete

May 31 - Old but gold: Adiós Dulcinea (Mägo de Oz)

  [English version below] Mägo de Oz es una banda española de folk metal fundada en Madrid en 1988 por Jesús Hernández, conocido como Txus d...